10 Great Reasons to Add a Gas Fire Pit to Your Outdoor Space
Living in Utah, we tend to have an innate appreciation for being outdoors. Because of the natural beauty that surrounds us and the dynamic interest that all four seasons provide, the more time we can spend outside enjoying it, the better. By incorporating a gas fire pit into your outdoor living space, you will spend more time utilizing the fun and comfort that extra living area adds to your home. Here, we share ten reasons to add a fire pit to your outdoor space:
- Enjoy the outdoors year-round. Don’t let chilly weather stop you from enjoying outdoor living and entertaining. A great way to beat cool temperatures is to add a fire pit to your outdoor space. Fire pits radiate full 360-degree heat so no matter where you or your guests sit, everyone enjoys the warmth.
- Create intimacy in large spaces. Fire pits are a natural focal point and create a sense of intimacy in large outdoor spaces. By utilizing a fire pit to set an inviting tone for outdoor gatherings, your time spent with family and friends will be even more relaxed and enjoyable.
- Options for all styles and budgets. From elaborate to casual looks, traditional to modern, you can choose from a variety of styles. Consider various options, including porcelain ceramic tile surrounds, cast aluminum, or GFRC (glass fiber reinforced concrete) frames. Define your personal style further through different fire media looks. Tumbled or crushed colored glass, faux wood logs for a more rustic look, river rock, or even modern ceramic spheres. An experienced Leisure Living salesperson can help you sift through various designs, shapes, and sizes to fit your needs and budget.
- Portable. Unlike built-in fire pits, a gas or propane fire pit is fully portable. This provides ultimate flexibility as you use your outdoor space in a variety of ways.
- Easy to Use. Simple to light and turn off. By utilizing a natural gas or propane fueled fire pit, you won’t have to deal with the hassles that are typical of a wood burning fire. No more dirty ashes or ember sparks. No more smelling like smoke, smoke in your eyes discomfort, or waiting for the fire to go out before you go to bed.
- Cleaner Burning Option. A gas fire pit (whether you use natural gas or propane) emits less soot and other air pollution.
- Multi-functional. Fire pits don’t always have to be a “pit” down in the ground. They come in various height options. Choose a bar height to act as a dining table and to set you above a high railing. An occasional height is usable in place of a coffee table. A chat height makes for a fantastic casual dining set up. You can even choose a fire pit with a flush lid to hold drinks and appetizers or play games when you’re not using the fire feature.
- Conversation center. A fire pit is a natural gathering place. Nothing invites conversation and connection quite like a warm and inviting fire.
- Great for small spaces. For those with limited space, unable to fit outdoor furniture and a fire pit set up, multi-functional options can double as your other tables. This will benefit by still providing the luxury and warmth of a fire. Furthermore, adding to an outdoor living space creates more livable square footage to your home.
- Entertainment for all ages. Entertain adults and kids alike by making creative tinfoil dinners or getting creative with your s’mores. To get you started, we’ve gathered some of our favorite s’more recipes across the web to share.